A rowing camp for whom?
The FRC Rowing Camp is intended for all rowers who wish to receive quality guidance to improve their stroke and fitness. To reach this goal both rowing technic and physical training will be used.
For an exclusive experience
The FRC commits to provide an unforgettable experience thanks to our passionate and qualified coaches. These professionals decided to use their experience as elite trainers / rowers to help you improve in a safe environment.
It’s not just about the sport
Furthermore, moments of relaxation will also be scheduled at our Rowing Camps through introductions to various other sports and local gastronomic experiences. Key words here are sport, conviviality and open-mindedness, all embedded in the FRC staff members’ “DNA”.
Where the champions train
Locations selected for the FRC Rowing Camps are the ones that host rowers of the French national team. They are all equipped with everything you need for training, comfort and accomodation. The FRC wants to make sure that you can train efficiently and safely.
The rowing camp enables an efficient and fast progression thanks to an intensive and personalized teaching.
A customized program
In such invigorating and preserved surroundings (far away from big towns), the multidisciplinar staff of the FRC offers programs that favors a global approach. They combine sport activities (may be an early morning workout sessions and two rowing outings per day if you are fit enough), wellness sessions (streching), fun activities (e.g. introduction to surf, golf or standup paddleboard), and most interesting video analysis of rowing sessions.
A typical day is composed of
- Possibly a morning workout session (depending on the number of coaches, therefore function of the number of participants);
- a balanced breakfast to get through the morning;
- a rowing session (1x, 2x, 2-, 4x depending on your level). Duration 1h-1h30;
- a lunch at the sports center restaurant;
- a relaxing time folllowing lunch;
- a second rowing session (1x, 2x, 2-, 4x) followed by a stretching session;
- a snack;
- an iniation to a fun activity or a stretching session;
- a dinner at the sports center restaurant, or a barbecue, or a dinner at a local restaurant;
- a video analysis session (minimum twice during the camp at the beginning, and then at the end: you will not recognise yourself)..
To be most effective, these camps last 4 to 5 days, during which you will benefit from a personalized assistance. You will be able to feel your progress through the first few sessions. Session by session, your stroke will get more accurate, you will gain efficiency, the boat will glide better…